Monday, December 29, 2008

Politically Incorrect

This is snippet from an interview Clint Eastwood had with CNN.

CNN: When you read the script, were you at all concerned about the nature of the language?

Clint Eastwood: No, I wasn't. If you're going to learn something and progress in the movie as a character, you have to start as something else in order to learn tolerance. And your character obviously is never too old to learn that, so he has to be a certain way.

But I -- being politically incorrect -- I find [it] fascinating because I hate the so-called PC thing. I think that's one of the things that's damaging our generation at the present time. Everybody is taking themselves and everything so seriously. If they just relax a little more and take themselves and everything else a little less seriously, they'd have a lot more fun.

Full interview can be found here.

I could not agree more with that. People are getting way to wound up on the little things. Everything you say, do, or wear is going to bother someone. Get a life, live a little.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My biggest problem with the whole PC thing is that it tries to make the speaker/writer responsible for how the listener/reader feels about the message. Like you said, there's always someone out there who will take offense. So, if no offense was intended, just let it go, for crying out loud.

Snigglefrits said...

Woot! 3 good things about this post:

1. EL made it.

2. Political correctness is for the birds.

3. Clint Eastwood rocks my socks.

:D