Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Night Shift

Night shift, here I come. Today the supervisor pulled 3 of us aside, to tell us we would officially start running the boom line 24/7. Starting TOMORROW. And because of my ability to get things done in a timely manner (yick, knew that would come back and bite me on the a$$), I got picked to lead the night shift crew. I worked 5a.m.-5p.m. today, and tomorrow I will be flip flopping that to 5p.m.-5a.m. No chance of an adjustment period, just WHAM night shift. No extra pay, but the chance to pick up overtime. (don't I already pick up enough????) So I am valiantly trying to stay awake as late as possible tonight, to unsure I can sleep later tomorrow. Which is dayem hard, seeing as how I have been up since 3:30 this morning. Just the thought of driving TO work in rush hour traffic while 1/2 asleep is daunting. Hope all the good Coppers out there look the other way :P
Anyhow, thought I would give y'all a quick update.
See ya on the other side....

2 comments:

USA_Admiral said...

Good luck with the sudden change!

Bob G. said...

EL:
Wow...
Take care and stay safe.
(and don't spend all that $$$ in ONE place, eh?)

:)