Thursday, May 29, 2014

Good Help

Good help is very hard to find now a days. Since this post I have gone through two more trainees. By the time I go on vacation in August, I am suppose to have not one, but two new ppl trained up on the machine. At this rate I won't even have a half a person. (someone who can do very basic running, but knows nothing about the computer controls yet) Is there really no one out there, regardless of age, who can make it through a 12 hour work day without whining, or texting on their phone? Is what I ask really all that much in this day and age? Someone who wants to show up on time, and do a decent job? Granted the pay isn't anything to write home about. The company pays $10/hour to start. But dayemmm isn't that what His Royal Magical Fart Monger is pushing for anyhow? The work, in and of itself, is not hard. You load a conveyor with material, restart polymer threads, and pretty much stand around the rest of the time. (With an occasional "OH SHIT, WHAT DID I JUST DO?" moment thrown in for good measure) I am almost afraid we are at the bottom of the barrel now, all the good ones have been used and abused elsewhere :(

1 comment:

Bob G. said...

EL:
I can agree to that - trained my share of newbies at various positions...most ALL of them, worked out well (good for me)...lol.

The trick is trying to get people that have GOOD work ethics...I don't ask them to be "me"...just want them to do a good job.

Stay safe out there.