Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Diversity, I haz it.

Last week Thursday I had a new temp to break in. After the boss showed him around the plant, he brought him back to me. Guy says "well this job doesn't look that hard" Boss tells him it's a very easy job, then says "Want to know the hardest job in this whole plant? Working with her... "(as he points to me) Sighsssssssss, I guess it beats his normal line of "don't let her make you cry, like she made me cry." This one lasted until 0130, a whopping 7.5 hours out of twelve.(apparently he left because I yelled at him, for breaking safety protocol, after telling him twice before that)

Boss comes in the next morning, I explain what went on that night, he laughs and says ok I'll find another one.

So Tuesday night (yesterday), I get yet another new temp. And I start thinking back over the last few years that I have been training them, and I realized something, I have had darn near every type of person as a temp at one point or another. (Yes I have trained a lot of temps) The following is a list of the type of people I have trained, or attempted to train. Some went on to get hired, some quit, and others were let go, for one reason or another.

 Asian, Black, White, Native American, Caribbean Islander, Muslim, Jewish, Catholic, gay, straight, male, female, mentally handicapped, physically handicapped, and the one from last week, which I just label "emotionally fragile".

So back to last night. I was wondering what type of person was left. I thought long and hard before I was introduced to him. The first words out of his mouth were "I just want to be up front with you about this, I'm an ex-con, and I did 7 years in prison."

 I should have guessed...

No comments: